As the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to spread, ensuring the health and safety of our staff, beneficiaries, and community is our top priority. Given the growth in the number of cases of COVID-19 in British Columbia, and continued uncertainty nationally and around the world, organizations must plan to manage the impact on their operations and workforces, as well as protect their employees, their families and communities.
Supporting our Staff, Maintaining Service to our Beneficiaries
We provide critical services to many vulnerable individuals in our community. We must continue as usual where possible, which includes continuing to provide you with the level of service that you expect and require. We have taken steps to ensure that the timeliness and quality of that work remains unaffected. We have invested in technology to ensure that our staff can work remotely. However, it is still an adjustment and we ask for your patience and understanding as we (like many others) get used to the new reality, processes and procedures of working remotely. Access to e-mails and voice-mails may be delayed, however, we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Some Key Messages
- The welfare of our staff and beneficiaries are our highest priority,
- We have canceled all in-person meetings until further notice,
- Although we have closed our premises to visitors, we remain fully operational,
- Our employees are working remotely, with secure technology, to safeguard our clients’ confidential information,
- Canada Revenue Agency tax deadlines have changed. Tax slips may be sent out later than normal. We are confident that we will be able to file the overwhelming majority of our clients’ returns in accordance with the original deadlines,
- We are closely monitoring and following advice from B.C. Public Health Officials and B.C. Ministry of Health,
Monitoring and Sharing Reliable Information Sources
Like you, we are continuously monitoring information from official health organizations and planning and adjusting for business continuity in changing scenarios. To help our staff and beneficiaries navigate this situation, we are centralizing all our COVID-19 related materials here into one information hub. This includes links to key trusted information sources.